Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's glowing spring

I just LOVE this time of the year.  The trees are beginning to glow green.  They aren't in full leaf, but in tiny buds.  The branches just radiate spring.  The daffodils are pushing out of the dirt.  The crocuses are littering the grass with purple and white and yellow flowers.  You see them and aren't sure if they are flowers or trash.  So, you look again and smile.  A flower.  This time of year gives me hope.  Hope that I can be new and get a "do over" for all the bad choices I made after my broken resolutions.  Hope that this will be the year I'll get rid of all my clutter.  Hope that I will be a better secretary.  Hope that I will drop a few pounds and tone some muscles.  Hope, just plain hope.  And, it feels good.  I'm going to enjoy these spring days.  They are precious and few in the mid-Atlantic.  Summer can burst forth at any second, so... we have to enjoy the getting while the getting is good.  I just LOVE this time of year.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I just love those early signs of Spring too - though I'm thinking we're still a few weeks away from all that here. ENJOY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too!! I work for a patient who has a huge estate with topiary gardens and beautiful flowers are springing up everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on getting rid of clutter, too! I just finished one room in my house and it feels great! I'm in Austin, Texas and the weather is beautiful! Winter makes me want to stay in bed, Spring makes me feel active and energetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes, spring is such a hopeful time. i love your joyful perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers bring sunshine to my day. They make me so happy.