I can't believe I've been bestowed another blogging award. I feel so honored. I want to thank Joybird at A Songbird in His Court for the Stylish Blogger Award and Elaine at Hidden Heartbeat for the Versatile Blogger Square and both of them for thinking of my blog. Along with these awards comes a bit of work. I am to list seven things my readers may not know about me. Now, this isn't as easy as it sounds. I tell you guys quite a bit about myself. Here goes.
1. I love TV too much. I think the DVR is the best invention EVER. One of my favorite shows is Hoarding: Buried Alive. I've got it on now, while I'm blogging. My husband HATES this show. He will not come near me while I'm watching. Bwahaha. Secret solitude maker.
2. I color my hair. Hahaha, who doesn't. Really. I mean, I just saw a commercial showing a guy being asked for milk by a gorgeous woman, but goes out to buy hair color and color his hair before he gives her the milk he almost forgets to buy, as well.
3. I wear black pants to work EVERY DAY. I have more than one pair, but I only wear black pants. I think they make my butt look smaller. Isn't that FUNNY.
4. I still don't believe in Global Warming. I know they've changed the terminology to "Climate Change," but too bad, I don't believe it and you can't tell me any different. Do you think I'm a bad person now? I know the "protection" of our earth is the new religion of the day, and I'm good with being a good steward and not being wasteful. I just haven't bought into the theory that this isn't a sequential rise and fall of temperature in the earth's condition. Don't get me started.
5. I'm a Christian. I know I've indicated that I'm struggling with the Church, but I'm still a believer. I just want to make that clear. I've mostly found the Church is losing it's footing in the Truth.
6. I have NEVER used an ATM to withdraw money. I've only used one TWICE, and both times I made a deposit. Btw, I no longer know my PIN number, so, I guess that won't happen again.
7. I quit smoking in 1991. Aren't I AWESOME!!!! I know the ONLY TRULY EVIL THING in this world is smoking and I DON'T DO IT. Now, maybe some day my dad will read my blog (haha) and know that I smoked (haha) 'cause I always told him I didn't smoke. I'm outted now.
Now I get to do the FUN part of getting the awards. I get to link you to 15 new bloggers I've found that I LOVE. Well, I haven't been blogging that long. I know my profile says I started in February 2010, but I was not very consistent back then. I consider Christmas 2010 the start of my blogging. These are my favorite bloggers, not counting the bloggers I follow that are MEGA BLOGGERS. They can choose either or both of the awards and then follow the conditions of the award. I LOVE these blogs. ENJOY.
1. A Family of Movers is blog I love. Lynne is a wonderful mother of three girls and one baby on the way. She works full time and still finds time to blog and share her life with the world. I admire her SO MUCH. My favorite post is Picture Update. Isn't her family beautiful?
2 Homemaker Design is another blog I enjoy. I love the blog and the ENCOURAGEMENT I get from Homemaker's posts and belief. My favorite post is I Took The Plunge. I REALLY admire bloggers with pretty pictures.
3. Mom of the bride musings is a blog by flower power mama, a mother of a bride. She is planning a wedding at her home for her daughter. I can't even IMAGINE doing this. My favorite post is leaky eye syndrome. I was SO happy when she found her dress. I mean, really, it's all about HER, isn't it?
4. My Blessed Life is by Amber. She is a single mom of a gorgeous tween. She is so POSITIVE. I can't imagine being in her shoes and admire her so much. She is so upbeat. My favorite post is you could have bought me dinner first... She seems to have my sense of humor and I LOVE it.
5. Sunshine Radical by Hanni. Hanni is currently in Educador with a drama team. She is an apartment homesteader in NYC and I admire her so much. My favorite blog is I'm exhausted. Maybe 'cause I spent so much time on these croissants. I REALLY want to learn how to bake. This young girl is baking CROISSANTS. I LOVE THAT.
6. A Sonoma Garden is a blog I wish would post more often. I know this mom has three young children and doesn't blog for my enjoyment. I wait with baited breath for her next post. My favorite is How to Make a Lavendar Wand. Can you imagine anything so beautiful?
7. A thousand words is another blog I enjoy. Kati is a citizen of the world. I met her while she was living in the Sudan. Now she is in Lebanon. I love how she SEES the people around her. My favorite post is a boy and his little sister. I LOVE the way she sees them.
8. Baking Me is a blog I have just discovered. Like I've said, I'm eager to begin to bake and Anne is in culinary school and take GORGEOUS pictures. I want to be her. No, I don't, but I want to be the baker she is. She is VERY new to blogging and my favorite post is Honey Goat Cheese Biscuits. Don't these look DELICIOUS?!?
9. Darby's Essential Oils Info is another blog I love and wish would blog more often. Hey, not a criticism, just love it when you post. My favorite post is Cool Peppermint. Peppermint is my FAVORITE essential oil and it really worked for the hiccups. I would love to learn more about essential oils and quit my job and teach people about them. I hope I'll have time to learn and blog about them someday. I love your blog Darby.
10. Chateau A la Mode is a beautiful blog by Valarie. This blog has gorgeous pics in home decor, fashion and food. Valarie has a style that I admire SO much. Her blog makes me long for the life on the beach. I LOVE IT. My favorite post, and it is so hard to choose, is Wishing my house were clean. Oh, you know it's my dream, too.
11. Portland Peeps is a blog I JUST FOUND TODAY!!! Cindy promised me she would tell me how to raise chickens while living in the city if I followed her blog. Now she HAS to teach me. I don't have a fave post yet, but check her out.
12. Southern Gal Thoughts is another new blog I've found. This southern gal is someone I want to get to know better. Her pictures are so pretty and she seems to have a firm grasp of Christ's love of the world. I need this fundamental truth telling.
13. Out of My Alleged Mind is a blog by Nancy. I love the stories she tells and the way she leads my to the truth. My favorite post is Happily Ever After. This is truth.
14. View from the Prairie Box is a blog by a FABULOUS photographer. My favorite thing about her blog is her pictures. And, she encourages other bloggers to take pics and blog all through December. There were holiday pictures EVERYWHERE. I wish I took pictures.
15. My Own Version by Mariza is a beautiful blog about a family getting ready to go on the road in an RV. I can't believe how scary and exciting that would be. Mariza is a homeschooling mom of two pretty girls. She is new to blogging, but blogs A LOT. I can't choose a favorite post.
That's it. I haven't been blogging long enough to have found enough blogs to give out awards. Now I'm going to tell all these bloggers they are WINNING. I'm NOT going to speak of *you know who*.