Monday, December 19, 2011

Words with friends

This is my new obsession.  It's kind of like Scrabble, but it's different in some essential ways.

It's my obsession because it's an app on my iPhone and I love playing with my phone.  Also, I'm good at it.  I'm good at it in a way I was never good at the regular Scrabble game.  I can beat my husband on this game almost every time we play.  Sadly, we sit next to each other on the couch and play Words with Friends while we watch tv.  Yep, even I think this is weird, but there you have it.

How is it different from Scrabble and why does this work better for me?  First, it has more Triple Word spaces.  Secondly, you can guess at words without being humiliated by your husband and mil.  "Of course YI isn't a word!"  (see, on WWF you can submit the word and the app will tell you it isn't a word and nobody needs to know the difference)  This allows for a LOT of guessing.  I'm super good at guessing, so this works for me.  Lastly, I play this game with my husband when he is super tired and not thinking on all cylinders.  I think this is key.

WWF is a fun game and a great way to waste time.  Just don't be like Alec Baldwin and get so into the game you can't be civil and get kicked off an airplane and make everyone wait and make the flight late because you think you are better than everyone else and then do a crappy apology on SNL that nobody believes anyway.

Happy Monday.  :)

7 comments:

  1. I love it, too.  At first I was playing it on facebook, but now find playing it on my iPhone is much more convenient.  :)  I have six games going right now which is great on a slow work day like today. 

    Yes - those two letter words work perfectly to get rid of those high number letters - my sister asked me the other day how I knew the word "jo" is a word.  I don't know - I just tried it.  And you'll  appreciate this - I just got 121 points for the word "juke" in the lower right corner! (it was a descending word on the TW and the J was on a TL.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so out of it technology wise.  I don't have a smart phone, but I love reading about all the different apps.  WWF sounds like something I'd love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol on alec balwin...i love scrabble...so if i had tech i would probably play....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Alec, I still love him. I think thsi would be fun. I used to be a banger speller but the old but I am getting worse at it now as I get older. wth

    ReplyDelete
  5.  GREAT word.  I did nearly the same thing with the word JEEP.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  6.  Oh, I don't like that Baldwin at all.  And, you don't need to be a good speller to play.  Hope I see you on the WWF some time.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Scrabble a lot. Maybe I will have to look into getting it.  

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers bring sunshine to my day. They make me so happy.