Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm a winner

I am a winner in my life.  This year I have done a complete 180 in my attitude about my job.  This year I have become accepting of the next four years of my life on Tamoxifen and its side effects.  This year I have become focused on being positive in my life and being a positive influence on others.  This is why I am a winner.  Jim Tressel shared 10 tips for leading a successful life.  These tips can give you the encouragement and be a guide you need to become a winner in your own life. 
 
1.  Decide your purpose and set your goals
  • Success at any endeavor is not in the trappings of awards or trophies.  Success is found in the peace of mind attained by knowing you have done your very best to become the best you, you are capable of being.  Success is internal.
2.  Develop an attitude of gratitude
  • Count your blessings.  Stop whining about what you don't have and focus on what you have.  I've been continuing to add to my gratitude list and it really does make an impact on how I view myself.
3.  Create your own enthusiasm
  • We all know the law of inertia in physics.  A body in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an outside force.  Enthusiasm for yourself provides that forward motion.  Of course there is always the possibility of being acted on by an outside force, but when you provide your own enthusiasm, you provide your own forward motion.
4.  Discipline is a daily decision
  • Every day is a new day.  Every day you can decide to do what you need to do and do it for just that day.  No matter what the activity.  Whether your activity is exercise, or study, or smiling, or cleaning house, or whatever, decide you will do this activity each day and focus on each day as its own entity.
5.  Be your best where you are
  • Focus on the moment.  This breaks the daily decision of discipline into small increments.  Focus on the moment you find yourself and be your best.  Just for that moment.
6.  Pursue excellence
7.  Have faith and believe
  • Trust in something bigger than yourself.  Have a faith in a higher power.  Have a belief in your purpose.  Having a faith and believing in your purpose is not about what you can accomplish.  Faith is the foundation of who you are.  Belief is the outward expression of that faith by what you do.
8.  Learn from failure
  • Be persistent.  Don't give up.  Winners don't let failure stop them.  Winners learn from their failures and try again.  Quitters are never winners.
9.  Be prepared for adversity
  • Adversity is not a question of "if."  Adversity is a question of "when."  Adversity will come our way.  If our attitude is negative and we become defensive when faced with criticism, we will blame others and miss our opportunity to advance.  Embrace the obstacles on your path to success.
10.  Love
  • Love isn't about receiving pleasure from a person or pursuit.  Love is about how much we want to give to a person or a pursuit.  If we love something or someone, we want to give back.

5 comments:

  1. ok boss...i think i am ready to take on the world now...

    if you can just give me this pep talk twice a month or so it might be nice...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like all good things there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. success is found in the peace of mind. love that! 
    also like the reminder to focus on the moment. 
    what an encouraging post! thank you so much for sharing. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and a lot of good stuff to remember every day.  

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers bring sunshine to my day. They make me so happy.