Sunday, August 21, 2011

Get on the bus

I follow one blog as a guilty pleasure.  I know this person "in real life" and I've promised myself NEVER to comment on her blog.  It's caused a problem in the past and now our relationship is broken.  This wasn't my choice, but there you have it.  Anyway, she has a DONATE button on her blog and has been collecting money to buy an old yellow school bus to pack her family up and travel the country.  She considers her family "unschoolers" as she is supposedly allowing her children to learn at home at their own pace and desire.  Evidently, or according to her blog, she and the family have BOUGHT THE BUS.  But, now her son doesn't want to stay home and unschool, he wants to GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOL.  I read all this on her blog.  I understand her dilemma.  How can you live your life the way you want to live your life when your child won't let you?  But this isn't my problem.  My problem is this.  I want to comment on her blog, and I can't.  So I'm commenting on my blog.  Here it is.

So will you be driving your son to school in the bus?


12 comments:

  1. But does she read your blog? Hmmm,i think your whole family needs to be on board with your lifestyle, is she still going to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2.  i will def not get into the home school/public school debate...smiles. my kids o the same place i went...and there is no way my kids would show up in a bus if i was driving it...lol...think of all thefriends we could transport though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last line made me laugh out loud.

    I feel like I'm rubber-necking in watching the trainwreck of a couple blogs I follow. Both bloggers are big "pot stirrers"; it's like their greatest pleasure in life is getting people riled up. One (which I follow privately) is very popular. I don't want to be popular, ever, because I pit the arm of Christ against His leg...or because I know how to get people's emotions to rise to the surface. But (just like a fist fight in high school) this blogger's words draw people to the fray, and I'll admit, I show up every now and then to see what she's fussin' about, now. I should probably stop; very often I'll close my computer thinking: I really don't like you. And that's not very Christ-like of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally cracked me up with that last line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are funny....

    ReplyDelete
  6. She enjoys being provocative, but doesn't like being called on her stuff.  I just couldn't resist the irony.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  7.  I won't debate this either.  I did both with my son.  You gotta do what it takes when you're a parent.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been there on the holding back the comments - I quite understand.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh my! Too funny!!!  I believe your comment has brightened my day! ;) hahah!


    Homemaker Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL.  Maybe she can earn some extra income picking up other kids along the way to unschool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And then she can quit begging for money on her blog.  Perfect.  :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers bring sunshine to my day. They make me so happy.