Saturday, May 14, 2011

On my way home from Daytona Beach


Not the best picture, but this is where I was... Daytona Beach.  It really is a great beach.  This was a great vacation.  Hubby and I threw this vacation together at the last minute after two KILLER work weeks.  We were both exhausted and we packed to leave home in two hours.  Needless to say, we forgot a lot of things.  So what, we had a great time.  We are both sunburned, but we are relaxed and recharged.

The last thing we did on our vacation was to attend a community theater play in DeLand, FL.  We did this last year.  I don't remember the play, but it was funny and then we went to this GREAT restaurant afterward.   Anyway, in my mind, my husband and I had the best time on this vacation, last year.  I felt like we really connected and had a wonderful time together.  So, of course, I wanted to recreate this experience.  Well, you can never go home, don't cha know.  I went on line and ordered tickets for the community theater play.  They were presenting Into The Woods.  Who doesn't love a Stephen Sondheim musical.  Click, I bought the tickets.  I hope you take the time to click the link.  Oh yeah, I bought the tickets.  Then ...  I noticed ... the play ... was ... Into The Woods, ... Jr.  Huh?  What does that mean?  So, I looked at the website more carefully.  This was an elementary school production of Into The Woods.  This was a production of Into The Woods with third, fourth and fifth grade actors and actresses.  Oh yeah.  I told my husband what I did.  (remember, I also booked the hotel room, on the beach, with the view of the hallway)  Do you want me to cancel the tickets?  My sweet man said, "Oh no.  Don't cancel.  We'll go and we will have a great time."  And we did.  The play was adorable.  We were the only members of the PACKED HOUSE not related to a member of the cast.  I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed myself so much.  If you ever have an opportunity to see kids perform, and you aren't related to ANY of them, do it.

So, we will finish driving home and wash our clothes and go back to work.  Vacation was too short.  It always is.  I can't wait until next year.

 

12 comments:

  1. ha. glad you had such a great time on vacation...esp about connecting with hubby...that is huge...travel light on the way home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky @ Farmgirl PaintsMay 14, 2011 at 11:47 PM

    we got sunburned in hawaii too.  oh well.  it's worth it right??  goes soooo fast! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a nice time - as close as I am to Florida, I never vacation there.  My sister lives in the panhandle and I am there once a month - but it is the hot, sticky, buggy part of Florida.  Still beautiful though and once in a while we go to the beach at St. George Island - about an hour drive.

    That play sounds lovely - I would have loved that, too.  Life conspired to give you a special event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to be able to go on a vacation alone with your husband! About the play, that is so funny AND sweet! I think that it should be included in a romantic movie.
    Romance and comedy, that's what I want in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  5.  I laughed and laughed about the Jr. tickets.  That sounds so much like something would do!  I'm glad the two of you enjoyed the show anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. may you have peace as the week continues.
    love the play adventure!
    what a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  7.  Heh...glad to hear that you turned a negative into a positive and wound up going to the play.  Now you have a great story to tell with a happy ending! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Packing in two hours
    Do you have magical powers?..lol
    It usually takes women quite some time
    Ok better switch gears with this rhyme
    Sounds like a fun time was had by all
    Yes it sucks that one has to go back and answer the ork call
    But what can you do
    Rhyme and use the loo?
    Yeah that be a bit of a bore
    And so before I get the boot I'll leave your shore

    ReplyDelete
  9.  I am honored to have you stop by my blog Mr. Hatt

    ReplyDelete
  10.  Thanks.  It really was fun.  So surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's hilarious!  So glad you enjoyed it. 

    ReplyDelete
  12.  I'm so glad you enjoyed your reprieve from the everyday life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers bring sunshine to my day. They make me so happy.