Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lessons on social networking

Learning new things is a good thing.  This week I'm learning about the etiquette for facebook and blogging.  Wow, Emily Post never wrote anything about this.  I guess when a new form of communication comes into the world, a whole new book of rules needs to come along.  I learned that one should ask permission to have a contrary opinion when commenting on a blog or fb post.  This is proper etiquette.  Even though this written material is out there for all the world to see.  Even though there are writers that put out inflammatory opinions and present them as fact.  The proper way to communicate a contrary comment or opinion is by asking permission and waiting for permission to be granted.  This lesson is applicable for fb statuses or blog topics alike.  Now, if you agree or think the writer is wonderful or want to heap praise on their pearls of wisdom, no permission asking is required.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers bring sunshine to my day. They make me so happy.