The Wall, erected in the dead of night, divided Berlin for 28 years. An announcement to the East German people declared travel through the border to the West open this day in 1989.
People rushed to see if it was true. The border guards, with no instructions as to what to do, let them through.
Commemorating the fall of the Berlin Wall, November 9th, 1989.
I'm linking with G-man for a Friday Flash 55
676. A surprise bushel of turnips
677. Calm in the face of a trustee meeting
678. Still seeking peace with a nation I no longer understand
679. Listening to my husband speak about our son with a touch of pride in his voice
680. Accepting the gratitude of others
681. Green holly leaves and red holly berries beginning to show up all over the place
682. Looking forward to my small group bible study to ponder the results of the election
683. Crisp days and cold nights
684. Continuing to socialize myself with cheerful people
685. Thinking about roasting as many turnips as I could ever eat